News & Activities
Feb. 15, 2020 9:00am~3:30pm
- The California Association of Japanese Language Schools (CAJLS) conducts an annual workshop and seminar to improve and develop teaching skills for teachers of member schools. This year, the seminar will be held on February 15th, 2020 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM at Southeast Japanese School located in Norwalk.
- The theme of the seminar is “How to teach Japanese using various strategies and techniques.”
Topic to be presented;
1. How to use TPR to teach Japanese and classroom routine
2. How to use games to practice language in the classroom
3. How to teach speaking and Listening
- The Keynote speakers are Sachiko Iwami of Palos Verdes Peninsula High School, Ritsuko Rowe of Don Bosco Technical Institute, Yuriko Sakamoto of Campbell Hall High School, Sanae Jennings of East Los Angeles College, Yukiko Tsuboi of Santa Monica College, and Ai Ikuma of Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies.
- The seminar is open to any interested individual. The cost is $10 for members, $20 for non-members. A bento can be ordered for $10. Deadline for requests is January 31, 2020. Interested individuals may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org participant name, affiliate and bento order, either regular or vegetarian, if necessary.
- For additional information, please contact us via email at email@example.com.